Fund Finance Association Statement on Diversity and Inclusion
The core mission of the Fund Finance Association (the “FFA”) is to: (i) educate our sponsor institutions and their personnel, legislators, regulators, and other constituencies about the fund finance market and related capital markets through conferences and other events, (ii) build the broadest possible consensus among members on policy, legal, regulatory and other matters affecting or potentially affecting the fund finance industry, and (iii) advocate on behalf of, and promote, the fund finance industry with respect to policy, legal, media, regulatory and other important matters for the benefit of our sponsor institutions. We believe that our mission is most effectively fulfilled through a commitment to diversity and inclusiveness as a core value and standard practice. The FFA is committed to a diverse, inclusive, and equitable environment where volunteers, speakers, participants, vendors, counterparties, and members all feel respected and valued, regardless of race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation or identity, disability, education, or any other bias.
The FFA Board of Directors is proud of the efforts made by the greater fund finance community to date in support of a more diverse and inclusive industry environment. However, we recognize that there is still much work to be done.
Our Board of Directors’ commitments to promote diversity, inclusion, and equity include:
- We will strive to see diversity, inclusion, and equity in connection with our vision and mission for the benefit of those we serve;
- We strongly support, with both financial resources and our personal volunteer time, the FFA’s Diversity Initiative subgroup (“FFA DEI”) and our Women In Fund Finance (“WFF”) subgroup, including supporting their programming and publications that further these important initiatives;
- We will recognize outstanding contributions to diversity and inclusion in fund finance with the awarding of the Dee Dee Sklar Women in Fund Finance Award and the FFA Diversity and Inclusion Award (new this year) each year;
- We will carefully consider diversity in connection with all of our volunteer leadership appointments;
- We will encourage all of our sponsor organizations to provide speaking opportunities for new and diverse speakers from their organizations at our events;
- We will encourage our sponsors to ensure that diverse members of their teams are permitted to attend FFA events when possible;
- We will participate and volunteer, along with FFA DEI and WFF members, at events and initiatives designed to teach diverse young people about fund finance, with an aim to recruit more diverse talent into our industry;
- We will stand firmly against all acts of hate and violence;
- We commit to being transparent about diversity in our interactions; and
- We will periodically update the fund finance community on our progress to further and improve our diversity, equity, and inclusion practices.
We share this statement with the fund finance community in hopes to demonstrate the FFA’s commitment to promoting diversity and inclusion in our organization and in our industry. We hope to set a positive example for all industry associations and volunteer-led non-profits. As always, we recognize there is room for improvement and welcome your feedback on how we can do better in the furtherance of these important values.